Friday, May 31, 2013

Romeo And Juliet

I'm not sure how many times I've read Romeo and Juliet - more times than Leisy would ever like me to admit.  I picked it up again over my vacation and couldn't put it down.  I get sucked in from the start:

Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene...

And it's all downhill from there.  I think Shakespeare is a master at using a wide variety of emotion, comedy and fantastic poetry to set the scene and establish characters. And then one thing happens that sets events in motion to unravel everything he took such care to establish.  I was excited to see a preview of a new version coming out this Summer!!  Who wants to see it with me?  I can guarantee Leisy will not be as excited as I am.



2 comments:

  1. I have to admit - I've never shared your passion for Shakespeare. I've tried - but, truly - I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND. So confusing! Right up there with Isaiah ... but - oh yeah - you LOVE Isaiah as well!!! hahaha.

    Aaron is so much like you - I'll be interested to see if he picks up an enthusiasm for Shakespeare. :)

    I still want to go see the movie, though. :D! Count me in for that FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Michelle on serious Shakepeare reading, but I do like to see the movies based on the plays. Sounds like we'll be going here in Utah - how AWESOME it would be to have you join us!!

    ReplyDelete