Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day


 Zeb was so excited for Mother's Day.  He frequently reminds me that the true meaning of any holiday is to give (his own birthday not excluded).  My mother-in-law sent a package to Leisy for mother's day with the warning "for Zeb's eyes only" on it.  Zeb took the liberty to hide the package from Leisy and bring it out the night before.  When I told him we could wrap the presents together he reminded me - "this package is for my eyes only".  I had to pretend to wrap the presents with my eyes closed - thanks Annie.  

This Mother's Day I actually succeeded in getting Leisy breakfast-in-bed BEFORE she got out of bed.  I never seem to wake up and get breakfast ready before she gets out of bed on these special days.  I made mini german pancakes with triple berry sauce and cool whip.  They were quite tasty if I do say so myself! 


I had Zeb and Ike make Mom-ster day cards.  Cards with home made monsters that open and close their mouths when the card is opened and closed.  They got way carried away in creativity.  Zeb added both blood and snot to his.  Lovely.  Nothing says "I love Mom!" like blood and snot.  Right?



1 comment:

  1. HA!! Blood and snot - that's just great. :)

    Those mini german pancakes look very gourmet! Awesome job!

    I love that you pretended to wrap the package with your eyes closed. LOL! You are such a great Dad and hubby, Kent!

    ReplyDelete