Monday, May 20, 2013

Columbus Zoo

Our trip to the Columbus Zoo was a blast!  The kids had a great time.  They were exhausted when we left because we had to see every inch of the place and get our money's worth.  It did, however, remind me why I'm nervous to take our kids to Disney.  It was a lot of fun but there was some whining, complaining, a half tantrum, and one complete melt down.  Fine for the zoo, but that would be completely unacceptable at Disney; I would be tempted to leave a child behind.

Zeb was our navigator for the expedition - he loves to follow maps and keep us informed of what we will be seeing next.


I gave Zeb and Ike the camera and told them to take pictures of their favorite animals.  Ike can't keep his little fingers out of the shots but Zeb is getting quite good.  Here are some of my favorites:


Ike's:



Zeb's:


Zeb had these chimps going crazy for a little leaf.  He had the crowd of kids (and adults) laughing.  In typical Metta fashion she assumed they were all laughing at her.  She is our most social creature yet.  She loves attention, always waves and says hello to everyone.

The gibbons were hysterical.  We had to visit them twice when we heard them from across the zoo.  They were so loud!!  We were amazed with the size of their necks when they make that noise.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your descriptions of your kiddos! So cute and funny. :)
    Take the kids to Disneyland when they are old enough to remember it. I would say take them when they are old enough to not throw fits - but, from experience with my own "grown up" kids - I'm not sure when that happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete