Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Alamo!!

For my day off today I explored some of historic San Antonio. I made my way into downtown starting at the Alamo. (I, like Pee-wee Herman, was devastated to discover the Alamo has no basement!). I refused to pay $10 for parking so drove a few blocks away to find free parking. I had one hour to tour the Alamo and part of the River Walk. I moved fast and kept thinking of my parents trailing behind me when we were touring Brazil. It's a good thing they weren't with me today because there was no way I was paying for a taxi! ;)

I then drove to the other four Spanish Missions: San Jose, San Juan, Concepcion and Espada. I made it to all of them without GPS. I'm not sure if my in-laws would believe I didn't get lost once - but I did fairly well. I'm directionally challenged so exploring new places is good for me. Maybe it's Leisy's giggling that distracts me and when I get lost she giggles even more. It's a downward spiral. Downtown San Antonio is a busy place. It looks like there is a lot of fun to be had, and a lot of money to be spent. I'm determined to see as much of it and spend as little as possible. I don't like spending money all by myself.

Info on the Five Spanish Missions

Check out the rest of my pictures on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. OOH man that was a crazy day trying not to sweat to death and walk/run up a hill "just 47 more blocks" I did this everyday what is wrong with you. :) okay it was HOT!!!

    Looks like you are having a great time. Glad you are able to see things and have a little fun.

    ReplyDelete