Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm a Doctor!!



I am now 3 months into my residency program and loving it! It is everything I expected it to be. It is really hard work, I'm learning a ton, and I love what I'm doing. I've spent most of the time thus far either in the peds clinic or at the hospital on general peds hospital admissions. I've worked nights, I've worked days and feel like my internal alarm clock will never be the same. I've seen lots of babies and kids for well checks and I've taken care of some pretty sick kids with crohn's disease and small bowel obstructions. It has been a long road getting here and I'm still not done, but people now call me Dr. Miller. My white coat has been upgraded from a short waist length student coat to the full length Dr. coat. Here's a picture of me in my coat following up with some lab results:

I really think Pediatrics was the best career decision I have ever made, secondary to joining the Air Force. They both fit my personality very well. I am training with some of the best Pediatricians I have ever met. I can't imagine why people go through medical training outside of the military!! Residency is extremely overwhelming, the hours are long, I feel tired and stressed most of the time - but I like it. Leisy is the most supportive wife in the world. I am extremely lucky to have her helping me. She keeps me sane and always finds amazingly fun things to fill my spare time.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've chosen a profession you love and that the love of your life is right there to help get you through . Glad your in the air force. I just hope we can come visit some of your exotic stops.

    ReplyDelete